Community Kitchen - Afghan Lunch at the Inveresk Taver
Our Women’s Friendship Group aims to provide a safe welcoming environment where all women can have English conversation, make friends and contacts, share experiences, learn new ideas and skills, and find pathways to connect to services and opportunities.
- To foster connectedness and inclusion in our Launceston community
- To build confidence in women so they can strengthen their families and take up new challenges
Description: This is part of Launceston's Multicultural Flavours: a culinary and cultural journey.
This initiative is a collaboration between the Inveresk Tavern and Migrant Resource Centre Northern Tasmania Inc.
The aim is to:
- Help people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds feel welcome, form relationships and integrate into the local community.
- Provide them with broader social and support networks
- Raise cross cultural awareness in the community; and
- Provide an opportunity for groups to raise funds for their communities’ activities.
Venue: Dining Room of the Inveresk Tavern, 13 Dry St Invermay
Contact: Leny Sutton: email@example.com 0421 642 259
Date & time: Sun 31 July 1 – 3pm
Wheelchair access: yes
Other information: Meal cost to be advised - menus will be published at https://www.facebook.com/inveresktavern/ Drinks will be available at the adjoining bar.