This event has
and has a very long waiting list.
Walk and Talk Around the First Basin:
Please meet at The Basin Cottage . The Basin Cottage is down from The Basin Road carpark just past the main chairlift station.
This is a two-hour session starting at the Basin Cottage. The walk meanders in a clock-wise manner along the path, across the Suspension Bridge, and over the river causeway passing the Café and back to the Basin Cottage
Participants will experience:
· A Welcome to Country and Ochre Ceremony.
· Learn about material cultural practices.
· Hands on string making using natural plant fibre.
· Taste bush foods (in season) and plants/products for medicinal use.
· Hear stories of the significance of Country, Aboriginal Spiritual origins of the river and geological formations that shaped the Gorge,
· Women’s Business and Men’s Business.
We will twine Circles of Memory sculptures to honour the Aboriginal ancestors, heal the land and pledge our commitment to walk together in peace and harmony.
Cost: $15 per person
This event has SOLD OUT, please only contact Rocelyn if you can not make it as we have a long waiting list of people wishing to attend. thank you. Rocelyn on : email@example.com Please supply your contact details (Name, Phone number and email)
This information is essential as there are limited tickets and due to unpredictable weather event organisers will need to contact you prior to the event regarding the weather and to confirm your booking.
Payments to be made on the day of the event.
Co-presented with the Queen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery in celebration of the opening of The First Tasmanians: Our Story.